I’m Cheyenne Campbell, a writer of fantasy for adults and YA. To read about my stories & what I’m currently working on, click on the My Writing page. Thanks for checking out my humble website.
Everything I write is inspired by my adventures around the Cornish coast, the Scottish Highlands, the English countryside, European travels, and wherever else I’m fortunate enough to live and explore. I love telling character-driven stories set in folkloric and fantastic realms that aren’t so far away.
An Iroquois originally from Grand Island, New York, I’ve also lived in Tennessee, California, Canada, Cornwall, and Scotland. I’ve been in the UK since 2007, have dual UK/USA citizenship, and currently live in the SW of England with my Scottish husband, whose name people ’round these parts struggle with even more than mine.
Since 2008, I’ve been features editor and writer for OnScreen magazine.
I received a 1st class Film BA from Falmouth University in Cornwall, England. I also studied Music Business at Belmont University, and Technical Theatre at SUNY Buffalo.
* * *
When not reading and writing, I’m:
- hiking hills, woods, and coastal paths
- listening to Radiohead / Thom Yorke, Taylor Swift, or video game & film soundtracks
- exploring cities
- playing video games (most likely leveling up my FFXIV Miqo’te dragoon or some old-school Nintendo or PC) or board games
- watching films or (very little) TV. A smattering of classic favourites: Withnail & I, LOTR, Dances With Wolves, Breaking Bad, Star Wars, Anne of Green Gables, Star Trek: TNG, Sex & the City, old Top Gear, Goonies, Clue, Labyrinth, the (original) Muppet Show, Indiana Jones, Atonement, anything with Gary Oldman.
- dabbling in photography
- playing guitar or bass
- watching and listening to puffins, herons, and black-capped chickadees. I’m an unashamed bird fancier.
* * *
As for reading, while SFF is my favourite, I enjoy many genres: historical, thriller, mystery, commercial, history, biographies, psychology, geography, and travel.
Some of my long-time favourite authors & books include Tolkien, DANCES WITH WOLVES, Kazuo Ishiguro, ATONEMENT, Simon R. Green but especially BLUE MOON RISING, Laini Taylor, OUTLANDER, Patricia C. Wrede, THE LOVELY BONES, REDEEMING LOVE by Francine Rivers, and Scott Lynch’s GENTLEMAN BASTARD series.
* * *
I grew up on Choose Your Own Adventure and D&D books, a TRS-80 and an Apple Mac with Infocom games (<3 Zork), riding my bike, exploring the woods behind our house, and dreaming of other worlds, or the beings from them that visit ours.
* * *
Last but not least, I’m here doing what I do because of Jesus.
“If a person is ever going to do anything worthwhile, there will be times
when he must risk everything by his leap in the dark.”