I’m Cheyenne Campbell, a writer of fantasy for adults and YA.
To read about my stories & what I’m currently working on, click on the My Writing page. Thanks for visiting.
Everything I write is inspired by my adventures around the Cornish coast, the Scottish Highlands, the English countryside,
European travels, and wherever else I’m fortunate enough to live and explore.
I love telling character-driven stories set in folkloric and fantastic realms that aren’t so far away.
An Iroquois originally from Grand Island, New York, I’ve also lived in Tennessee, California, Canada, Cornwall, and Scotland. I’ve been in the UK since 2007, have dual UK/USA citizenship, and currently live in the SW of England with my Scottish husband — whose name people ’round these parts struggle with even more than mine — and our daughter.
Since 2008, I’ve been features editor and writer for OnScreen magazine.
I received a 1st class Film BA from Falmouth University in Cornwall, England.
I also studied Music Business at Belmont University, and Technical Theatre at SUNY Buffalo.
SFF is my favourite genre, but I also enjoy historical, thriller, mystery, commercial, history, biographies, psychology, geography, and travel.
Some of my favourite authors & books include Tolkien, DANCES WITH WOLVES, Kazuo Ishiguro, ATONEMENT, Simon R. Green —especially BLUE MOON RISING, Laini Taylor, OUTLANDER, Patricia C. Wrede, THE LOVELY BONES, REDEEMING LOVE by Francine Rivers,
and Scott Lynch’s GENTLEMAN BASTARD series.
* * *
Besides spending time with my family & friends, and books, other favourites include:
- hiking hills, woods, and coastal paths
- Radiohead / Thom Yorke, Taylor Swift, and video game & film scores
- exploring cities
- video games (mostly Final Fantasy XIV, and old-school Nintendo & PC)
- board games
- films & TV, though it takes a lot for me to commit to a new show. Some favourites: Withnail & I, LOTR, Dances With Wolves, Breaking Bad, Star Trek: TNG, Star Wars, The Witcher, Anne of Green Gables, Sex & the City, classic Top Gear, Goonies, Clue, Labyrinth, the (original) Muppet Show, Indiana Jones, Atonement, anything with Gary Oldman.
- dabbling in photography
- playing guitar and bass
- The Buffalo Bills (first and foremost; hometown team) and the Kansas City Chiefs
- birds, especially puffins, herons, and black-capped chickadees
* * *
I grew up on Choose Your Own Adventure and D&D books, a TRS-80 and an Apple Mac with Infocom games (<3 Zork), riding my bike, exploring the woods behind our house, and dreaming of other worlds, or the beings from them that visit ours.
* * *
Last but not least, I’m here doing what I do because of Jesus.
“If a person is ever going to do anything worthwhile, there will be times
when he must risk everything by his leap in the dark.”