I’m Cheyenne Campbell, a writer of fantasy for adults and YA.
To read about my stories & what I’m currently working on, click on the My Writing page. Thanks for visiting.
Everything I write is inspired by my adventures around the Cornish coast, the Scottish Highlands, the English countryside,
European travels, and wherever else I’m fortunate enough to live and explore.
I love telling character-driven stories set in folkloric and fantastic realms that aren’t so far away.
An Iroquois originally from Grand Island, New York, I’ve also lived in Tennessee, California, Canada, Cornwall, and Scotland. I’ve been in the UK since 2007, have dual UK/USA citizenship, and currently live in the SW of England with my Scottish husband and our daughter.
Since 2008, I’ve been features editor and writer for OnScreen magazine.
I received a 1st class Film BA from Falmouth University in Cornwall, England.
I also studied Music Business at Belmont University in Nashville, TN, and Technical Theatre at SUNY Buffalo, NY.
Fantasy is my favourite genre, but I also enjoy science fiction, historical, thriller, mystery, commercial, history,
biographies, psychology, geography, and travel.
Some of my favourite authors & books include Tolkien, Simon R. Green (especially BLUE MOON RISING), Scott Lynch’s GENTLEMAN BASTARD series, Laini Taylor, Leigh Bardugo, Patricia C. Wrede, Kazuo Ishiguro, THE NAME OF THE WIND, DANCES WITH WOLVES, ATONEMENT, OUTLANDER, THE LOVELY BONES, REDEEMING LOVE by Francine Rivers, and ELEANOR OLIPHANT IS COMPLETELY FINE.
* * *
Besides spending time with my family & friends, and books, other favourites include:
- hiking hills, woods, and coastal paths
- folklore & myths
- Radiohead / Thom Yorke, Taylor Swift, and video game & film scores
- exploring cities
- video games (especially Final Fantasy XIV, and old-school Nintendo & PC)
- board games
- films & TV, though it takes a lot for me to commit to a new show. Some favourites: Withnail & I, LOTR, Dances With Wolves, Breaking Bad, Star Trek: TNG, Star Wars, The Witcher, Anne of Green Gables, Sex & the City, classic Top Gear, Goonies, Clue, Labyrinth, the (original) Muppet Show, Indiana Jones, The Shape of Water, Pride & Prejudice (2005), Atonement, Pan’s Labyrinth, The Red Turtle, and anything with Gary Oldman.
- playing guitar and bass
- The Buffalo Bills (hometown team!) and the Kansas City Chiefs
- birds, especially puffins, herons, and black-capped chickadees
* * *
I grew up on Choose Your Own Adventure and D&D books, a TRS-80 and an Apple Mac with Infocom games (<3 Zork),
riding my bike, exploring the woods behind our house, and dreaming of other worlds and the beings from them that visit ours.
* * *
Last but not least, I’m here doing what I do because of Jesus.
“If a person is ever going to do anything worthwhile, there will be times
when he must risk everything by his leap in the dark.”