I think this might be the first #writemotivation month I actually complete all my goals (though I’m too lazy to verify that), and given what they are, this excites me. OoooOOooh.
Don’t ask. I just got a big fat depressing email in my inbox, and this made me laugh. Anyhow, here is my progress:
1. Second draft of WIP complete. I’m following my schedule to get this first revision done on time, and am feeling good about how this story is tightening up and some of the new subplot threads coming out of the woodwork!
2. Finish final revisions on SOMEBODY… Done!
Good luck on all you other #writemotivation peeps out there! How YOU doin’?
– – –
Now I need to thank author Heather Jacobs for nominating me for the Liebster Award! Thanks for the thought, Heather!
Here are the guidelines:
(1) Post the award on my blog.
(2) Thank the blogger who gave me the award and link back to their site.
(3) Post 11 random facts about myself.
(4) Answer 11 questions from the presenter of the award has asked.
(5) Nominate 11 new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that I want to pass the award on to.
(6) Ask my nominees 11 questions of my own.
11 Random Facts
(1) I used to be a massive Dave Matthews fan and saw him live about 10x in the span of 4 years. At one show, I brought a painting I did of/for him (how cheesy is that! But it was
good, if I do say so myself ;)) and held it up briefly. When the show ended, Dave walked to the front of the stage and pointed at me. Minutes later someone came and beckoned my friend and I backstage where we got to meet the band. Freakin’ happiest moment of my life, to that point! (Of course, it didn’t hurt really that my bass teacher’s brother played in the opening band…)
(2) I stood for 12 hours for the premiere of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in Leicester Square in London to take photos. I’m not an autograph seeker. It was more interesting to see all the actors and how they interacted with people. And scream my head off.
(3) My favourite animals are sheep, puffins, and crabs.
(4) My sister and I played spies as kids. We had a tree fort, code names and everything. I wore a cape. These are some of my favourite memories.
(5) I’ve been playing volleyball in a local league for 3 years now and I still stink at it. But it’s fun.
(6) I love Trivial Pursuit. I feel like I learn more from it than I did in school.
(7) Gary Oldman is my favourite actor.
(8) My top 2 favourite films couldn’t be more different. I’m calling the LOTR trilogy one; two is Withnail & I.
(9) I’m greatly affected by lack of sunshine; when the sun is out, everything seems possible. This makes life in the UK difficult, to say the least.
(10) I can quote just about every Sex and the City episode, as well as entire films (nearly), some of which include Monty Python & the Holy Grail, the above two mentioned, Romancing the Stone, Anne of Green Gables, Goonies, Clue, and endless Little House on the Prairie episodes to name a few.
(11) My sisters and I largely talk to one another in such quotes 😀
(1) Who is your biggest inspiration?
Difficult to name just one, but for this I’ll go with my mom, for her strength and encouragement.
(2) What is/was your relationship with your mother?
Oh! Well, now that you ask, very good, thank you!
(3) Do you have pets?
No, but we had loads growing up and I consider my parents’ cats “mine” when I go home 😉 Hope to get a cat of our own soon.
(4) What is your guilty pleasure?
Which one? 🙂 I have many. I’ll go with the Golden Girls.
(5) Do you outline or are you a seat-of-your-pants writer?
Started out a pantser; now I greatly value outlines. I start with a synopsis and expand on it, sort of like the snowflake method, but I leave plenty of space for inspiration to strike off in other directions.
(6) Do you write aspects of your personality into your characters?
As Diana Gabaldon has said (and I paraphrase), an author IS every character s/he creates. As the creator, you insert bits of yourself into these people, so whether you like it or not, something slips through. But I think drawing on everyone you meet is just as inevitable. The point is to find ways to give each character a unique voice. While character A may be similar to me in her initial shyness, she’s unlike me in 15 other ways, ways I wish I was. And character B may have my temperament. And so on.
(7) Last time you lost your temper, what caused it?
Speak of the devil! Ooh, it’s like you’re psychic. I don’t really throw fits, but I do get annoyed big time by poor customer service (having worked in it myself), and people who look you in the eye as you’re on the crosswalk then drive right through.
(8) What would your dream vacation be?
New Zealand, an island resort in the Caribbean, Bora Bora, Azores…
(9) Do you think you’re weird? Why or Why not?
Everyone is weird.
(10) What do you think you purpose is?
To do unto others as I’d have done to me. And to write. And eat cheese.
(11) If you were going to a deserted island and could only take three things, what would they be?
Loaded Kindle, my 50″ plush crab, and, oh, my husband 🙂
Ok. So next is to list my Victims…err…picks for the Award:I’m going to cheat here. I’m sorry. As much as I enjoy answering these and reading others’ answers, lots of my friends and online buddies are already receiving this and I don’t want to bombard anyone, so I’ll just be lazy and sit back and enjoy their answers to Heathers’ questions 😉
Your 11 questions to answer:
(1) What would you say is your muse?
This is dependent upon what I’m working on, I think. Variable!
(2) You’ve been whisked away to the Big Brother house, what type of housemate would you be?
The kind who gets herself kicked off as soon as possible because she’s done the housemate thing more than enough times, thank you 🙂
(3) What’s the last book you read and felt lonely after because it was done?
The last book in the OUTLANDER series, AN ECHO IN THE BONE, by Diana Gabaldon.
(4) What did you want to be when you grew up? Why?
How much time have you got? Broadway actress, writer, doctor (briefly), video game designer (as early as 5)… I could go on.
(5) The Doctor has decided to make you his next companion. Where in time or space would you want to go first and why?
Is it the 10th Doctor? Otherwise, I’m previously engaged 😉 I’d go anywhere with him.
(6) Have you ever written anyone you’ve known into any of your stories? If yes please explain.
I plead the fifth.
(7) We are all different. What sets you apart?
My laugh. It’s raucous. Rau-cous. Adj. Boisterous and disorderly. My old bandmates referred to me as the Queen Chortler.
(8) If you could go anywhere right now without the worry of money where would you go?
Nashville, to visit a much-missed friend and meet her new little baby.
(9) If you could meet one person alive or dead who would it be and why?
Hehe *cracks knuckles*. Let me tell you a story. Actually, no. Let me allude to a story. I’ve always been someone who wanted to (and tried to, and succeeded in many cases) meet her heroes. If I may, I’d like to suggest this isn’t always wise 😉 But we’re talking brief, I suppose – like have a coffee with. That should be safe, so, JK Rowling.
(10) If you could change one thing in your life right now what would it be and why?
I’d change my status from agent-less to one with an agent. As for the why, I should think that’s pretty clear 😉
(11) Name your favorite thing in the world right now?
Thanks for reading, kids! Hope you have a great week!